Coq au Vin Recipe
Warm and Hearty Coq au Vin Recipe
Perfect this Coq au Vin Recipe(le coq au vin) for a cold winter's night. This rich chicken casserole is a delicious way to warm your soul. It is a French chicken recipe where the chicken is simmered in red wine. The bacon and the wine make a rich red wine sauce as the flavours develope during the cooking process.
"Delicious Classic French Stewed Chicken Recipe."
This Coq au Vin Reciepe will feed about 4 people and can be served with rice, mash potatoes or couscous.
Total Preparation and cooking time is about an hour and 10 minutes.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 16 baby / pickling onions
- 250g (1/2 lb) button mushrooms
- 250g (1/2 lb) rindless streaky bacon (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons or 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup of flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 375ml (12 fl oz) red wine
- 375ml (12 fl oz)
chicken stock (homemade or bought)
- 1 tin tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 bayleaves
- Fresh Rosemary, Thyme and Parsley
How to Make Coq au Vin
- Place the seasoned flour in a bag and then coateach chicken thigh by shaking it in the bag of flour.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based pan,and brown the floured chicken thighs.
- Put the chicken aside and then fry the bacon, whole onions,garlic and mushrooms until the mushrooms start to brown.
- Place the chicken pieces back in the pot with the brandy,red wine, chicken stock, chopped tomatoes and herbs.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and reduce the heat to simmer. Remove the lid after 30 minutes and cook for a further 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
More Chicken Cooked In Wine Recipes
A delicious spin on this French Classic - Coq Au Vin Chicken Pie Recipe
Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Tuscan Garlic Chicken Recipe
Famous Chicken Marsala Recipe
Lemon Chicken Casserole Recipe
Quick Chicken Curry Recipe
Chicken Chasseur Recipe
Spanish Chicken Recipe
Chicken Basquaise - French Chicken Casserole Recipe
Crock Pot Coq au Vin
Chicken Casseroles and Stews Homepage
Chicken Recipe Search Tool
If you can't find what your're looking for, you might want to try our easy-to-use Chicken Recipe Search Box. You can also use it to find anything else you might want to search for on the wider web.
Coq au Vin Recipe
Chicken Recipes Homepage