Chicken Curry Soup Recipe
A Curried Chicken Winter Warming Soup
This is a tasty but easy Chicken Curry Soup Recipe to cook. Warm and spicy, what a way to thaw out after a cold day. The coconut milk gives it a creamy look and compliments the curry flavour.
Its a great meal idea if you need something simple to make that's quick and easy. The best results are always from using the freshest curry spices.
Good thing it's simple to make because while testing out the chicken recipe in the kitchen, my daughter decided to empty a good lot of the polystyrene balls out of the beanbag in the lounge. Trying to get them bag in the beanbag proved rather difficult. At least the chicken soup preparation was already done.
Curry Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium parsnips
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 50 grams butter
- 15ml (1Tbs) curry powder
- 30ml (2Tbs) flour
- 1 1/4 litres (5cups) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) chopped raw chicken breast
How To Make Easy Chicken Curry Soup
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic.
- Scrub and chop the parsnips.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the curry powder and fry the onion, garlic, carrot and parsnips until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the flour and the chicken stock. Cover and bring to the boil then let it simmer for about 15 minutes until the parsnips and carrot are done.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Be very careful when handling hot liquid and when opening the food processor after blending. The steam can cause the lid to explode off the blender and the hot soup to spray out.
- Pour the soup back into the pot and add the chicken pieces.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring the soup back to the boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked properly through.
My entertaining tip: Never cook in a white clothes (unless you're a chef in uniform).
More Chicken Curry Recipe Information
If you like hot and spicey food then try our Mexican Chicken Recipe Collection
for some spicy ideas.
Enjoy this Curried Chicken Pie Recipe
See my tips for buying Chicken
and cooking chicken
Easy Chicken Curry Recipes Mainpage
Chicken Soup Recipe Collection
Top Of This Chicken Curry Soup Recipe
Great Chicken Recipes Homepage