Honey Glazed Chicken Recipe
Easy Honey Mustard Glaze
Try this Honey Glazed Chicken recipe to add some excitement to those tired, baked chicken pieces.
The combination of honey and mustard in a glaze makes this great chicken recipe so tasty and although it's a bit of extra effort, your family will appreciate the great flavor. This really is an easy way to liven up your usual dinner idea.
Honey Glazed Chicken Recipe Ingredients
Serves 6 - 8
- 1.5 kg (3lb) chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (3oz) honey
- juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dill or rosemary
- 1 tablesppon white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat your oven to 180 C (350F).
- Brush the chicken pieces with olive oil and season.
- Place the oiled chicken pieces with the skin facing down on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake / roast these for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken pieces are roasting / baking, make the honey mustard glaze by combining all the ingredients in a small pan and bringing this to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the chicken pieces have been roasting for 20 minutestake them out the oven and turn then over so that the skin is now facing up.
- Baste the chicken well with the warm glaze and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Baste once more and then roast until done - about 15 minutes more.
- Honey Mustard Chicken is delicious served up with mash or
Chinese Roast Chicken is another recipe that uses honey in the marinade for a delicious sweet and tangy taste.
Baked Chicken Recipes
Top Of Honey Glazed Chicken
If you can't find what you are looking for try our Chicken Recipe Search Function
Chicken Recipes Homepage