Barbecue Chicken Recipe
Barbecued Garlic Chicken
I love this Barbecue Chicken Recipe. I don't really like the taste of synthetic, smokey flavoured bbq sauces which is why I think homemade barbecue sauce is way better than shop bought.
I also have some control of what is going into the sauce. It seemed to me that it was always older people who would say "time flies" but now that this recipe website is turning 4 years old....well you get the picture. I thought I'd celebrate with this barbecue chicken breast recipe. Of course "homemade" means more time-consuming (marinading time) but it's worth it, especially for all the compliments on the yummy chicken.
Barbecue Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup (25 g) chopped fresh coriander leaves and stems
- 4 coriander roots, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground tumeric
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Blend the garlic, peppercorns, coriander, lime juice, sugar, tumeric and soy sauce in a food processor until smooth. Pour the barbecue marinade into a bowl suitable for marinading the chicken breasts.
- If you want to, remove the tenderloins from the chicken fillets. I like to leave mine intact. Add the fillets and tenderloins to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, turning the chicken occasionlly.
- Cook the chicken on a lightly greased barbecue hotplate for 3 minutes on each side, or until done. Serve the barbecued chicken breasts immediately. This goes really well with a salad made of cucumber, tomato and onion, seasoned with a lime juice dressing.
You can easily convert this to a oven baked barbecue chicken recipe if you are staying indoors.
More Grilled Chicken Recipe Ideas
More Chicken Marinade Recipe Ideas
Southern BBQ Chicken Recipe
More Chicken Breast Recipes
Top Of This Barbecue Chicken Recipe
Chicken Recipes Homepage