Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Spicy Chicken Enchiladas With Guacamole
This Chicken Enchilada Recipe is fun and easy. I always think of Enchiladas when I crave some spicy Mexican food. "Enchilada" (also known as taquitos), literally means to add chili pepper.
In this enchilada recipe the chili is in the guacamole so you can adjust the burn according to your liking when you make the guacamole. Another variation is Chicken Enchilada Casserole where the enchiladas are smothered in sauce.
Chicken Enchilada Recipe Ingredients
- 12 tortillas
- 250g chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 250ml sour cream
- 1/4 lettuce (finely chopped)
- 50g chedder cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup oil to fry the finished tortillas
- guacamole (see recipe below)
How To Make Chicken Enchiladas
- Warm up the tortillas in a previously heated saucepan, turning them over continuously until they become soft. Alternatively, you can place them in the microwave wrapped in a cloth inside a plastic bag for 45 seconds.
- Before the tortillas cool down, place the chicken on one side and roll each tortilla as tightly as possible and secure it with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil up in a small saucepan and fry the rolled tortillas (taquitos) until they are golden brown and crisp.
- To serve the taquitos, place them next to each other on a plate and then position the rest of the ingredients, starting with the cream, lettuce, cheese and finishing up with the guacamole on top. If you want to have some fun, put the topping ingredients in different plates and let your family or friends decorate their own.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 3 tbs lemon or lime
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs chopped coriander
- 40g spring onions, chopped
- 1-2 tbs mild green chillies or jalapenos
- 125g skinned, de-seeded and chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Making The Guacamole
Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the peel and stones. Place in a mixing bowl with the lemon juice and mash coarsely. Add the garlic, spring onions, chillies, coriander and season to taste. Mix in the chopped tomatoes. Cover the bowl and place in fridge for a least one hour.
Find Your Favourite Chicken Recipe
If you can't find what your're looking for, you might want to try our easy-to-use Chicken Recipe Search Box. You can also use it to find anything else you might want to search for on the wider web.Mexican Chicken Recipes Collection
Top Of This Chicken Enchilada RecipeChicken Recipes Homepage