Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
As with any Chicken Curry Recipe, try to use the freshest ingredients for the best flavour. There's nothing like a good chicken curry recipe. This recipe has chicken thigh fillets as these are quite flavourful but you can use any chicken pieces you prefer. Unleash the gourmet cook in you.
The spice combination makes a lovely fragrant curry that will have your kitchen smelling glorious and the neighbours wishing you'd invite them over for dinner.
Spicy Chicken Curry Ingredients
- 15ml (1 Tbsp) oil
- 900 g (2 lb) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, minced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground cardamom
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground cloves
- 1 ml 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) Tabasco sauce
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) plain yogurt
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) finely chopped cilantro
- toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- toasted shredded coconut (optional)
Chicken Curry Cooking Instructions
- Heat a large skillet and add the oil. Sauté the chicken for about 3 minutes. Add the onion, ginger,garlic, spices and salt and sauté foranother 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and Tabasco sauce,mixing well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thechicken is completely cooked. Remove theskillet from the heat.
- Gradually stir in the yogurt and cilantro; do not let mixture boil. Yogurt will make the curry a bit less fiery. Enjoy your Chicken Curry served over rice,garnished with almonds and coconut.
Chicken Curry Recipe Mainpage
Chicken Recipes Homepage