Chicken Stir Fry Recipe With Asparagus
Thai Chicken Stir Fry For Light Summer Suppers
From the Chicken Stir Fry Recipe Collection. I so enjoy cooking with asparagus when they are in season. It’s such a versatile vegetable and goes so well with all kinds of sauces.
This Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry is extremely simple and healthy too. The garlic and fresh ginger add great flavour to this easy recipe and if you want to bulk it up then add more vegetables. Carrots, shredded cabbage, green or red peppers or bamboo shoots are some of my favourites but it’s just as nice with asparagus alone served over rice or egg noodles. The cashews are optional, I sometimes use almonds instead. The nuts give the chicken stir fry great texture and a nice crunch.
Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe Ingredients
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 tablespoonminced fresh ginger
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups when cut)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- pinch red chili flakes
- half a cup dry roasted cashews
- salt and white pepper to taste
Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry Cooking Instructions
Creamy Asparagus Chicken Soup RecipeSauteed Chicken Breasts With Asparagus and RiceChicken and Aparagus BakeChinese Chicken Recipes Collection
- Cut onion and mince garlic and set aside for a few minutes. This gives them time to release their medicinal properties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the broth in a 12-inch stainless steel skillet.
- Sauté the onion in the broth for about 2 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add ginger, garlic, chicken, and continue to stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add asparagus, soy sauce, vinegar, and red chili flakes. Stir together and cover. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. If the asparagus is thick then it may require a bit of extra cooking time.
- Stir in the roasted cashews. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
Top Of This Chicken Stir Fry RecipeChicken Recipes Homepage