Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Chicken Hot Pot with Apple Dumplings
Here's a Chicken and Dumplings Recipe that I just love. The Apple Cider adds the most amazing flavor and of course my favourite part - the Dumplings are just delicious.
You could use a ready bought biscuit mix like bisquick instead of making the apple dumplings from scratch.
Chicken and Dumplings Recipe Ingredients
Serves 4 - 6
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 350 F/ gas mark 4. You'll need to brown your meat in a casserole dish because the dump[ling dough gets placed on top of the chicken and then baked in the oven.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish on the stove and brown the sausages on all sides. Remove the sausages from the dish, set aside and brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Remove the chicken from the dish and set aside until needed.
- Add the flour to the fat in the dish and stir over low heat to make a roux. Slowly pour in the chicken stock, apple juice and cider, bring to the boil and then stir in the mustard.
- Return the sausages and chicken to the dish and add the remaining ingredients (herbs, prunes, carrots, garlic and apples). Bring to the boil and cook for about 2 - 5 minutes. Then remove the casserole dish from the heat and set aside.
- To make the dumplings, sift the dry ingredients together in a deep bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and work in the rest of the ingredients, mixing until you have a soft dough.
- Using a metal spoon, take lumps of the dumpling dough and carefully place these on top of the casserole mix.
- Bake uncovered until the chicken and sausages are cooked through and the top of the casserole is bubbling, about 40 minutes. The dumplings should be risen and golden. Serve teh chicken nad dumplings immediately and enjoy with a jug of cold apple cider, if you like.
Another Apple Cider Chicken Recipe
Top Of Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Great Chicken Recipes Homepage