Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipes
Makeovers for Leftover Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipes are fun and easy. In my home Chicken Salads do not usually make it to the left-overs status but if they do, they definately don't go to waste, they get recycled as Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
If the salad didn't already have mayonnaise in it, then adding a good helping of mayo is very tasty and if you like cheese, then feta, mozzarella or thin shavings of parmesan cheese can add a bit more substance to the sandwich master piece.
Whatever your favourite bread is, make sure it's fresh. Bagels are very nice, so is Bruschetta.
Chicken salad wraps are now immensly popular and make a great light lunch in summer. Put out all your favourite salad ingredients, some cooked, shredded chicken and a few sauces with the wraps and let your guests create their own chicken delights.
Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
- 1/2 - cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 - cup celery, diced
- 1/2 - onion, diced
- 1/2 - cup salad dressing (or mayonnaise)
- 1/2 - teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon pepper
- 1 - hard-cooked egg, peeled
- 1 - tomato, 8 slices
- 4 - lettuce leaves
- 8 - slices of your favourite bread
Making Your Sandwich
- Place the cooked chicken breast, celery, onion, salad dressing (or mayonnaise), oregano, salt, pepper, hard-boiled egg in a food processor.
- You want ingredients well mixed but only coarsely chopped (you do not want chicken salad puree),so pulsate the food processor about 4 times.
- Spread the chicken salad mixture on a slice of bread; add 2 tomato slices, a leaf of lettuce and top with second bread slice.
Chicken with Pickle Relish Sandwich
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 8 slices thin white bread
Making Your Chicken Salad Sandwich
Mix all ingredients together except the bread. Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Spread chicken mixture on the bread. Cut into squares or triangles.
Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup purchased pesto
- 4 bagels (wholewheat or white)
Making Your Salad Sandwich:
- In large bowl mix together all the ingredients (except the bagels). Spread chicken mixture on each bagel half. Top with the other half of the bagel.
Chicken Recipe Search Tool
If you can't find what your're looking for, you might want to try our easy-to-use Chicken Recipe Search Box. You can also use it to find anything else you might want to search for on the wider web.
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipes
Chicken Salad Mainpage
"Delicious Chicken sandwich filling is fast and lower in cholesterol and calories than many meat sandwiches."
Our "Cooked Up" Newsletter
You might love to receive our personal newsletter called Cooked Up. It's packed with great recipes, cooking tips and other interesting news. I invite you to safely subscribe in the form below..... Oh and of course it's free!
Chicken Recipes Homepage