Chicken Pie Recipe
Chicken and Mushroom Pie
I added this recipe for chicken pie to my chicken pie recipe collection because it's rich, creamy and full of flavour. It's an easy chicken recipe too and don't count on there being any leftover.
My biggest problem when cooking chicken pie filing is that I like to taste it as I'm cooking it so I can adjust the flavours of course...So I usually end up being quite full by the time the pie is ready. Embrace comfort food cooking and try this chicken pie.
Makes: 6 individual pies, or one large pie.
Chicken and Mushroom Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 20g butter
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 60ml cake flour
- 250ml chicken stock
- 250ml fresh cream
- 600g chicken breasts, deboned, cooked and cubed
- 20ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 5ml smoked paprika powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepperPastry:
- 400g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
How To Cook Chicken and Mushroom Pie
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until cooked.
- Add the flour and stir well.
- Add the chicken stock and cream and continue stirring while cooking, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken and stir through.
- Stir in the parsley, smoked paprika and season to taste.
- Grease 6 ramekins.
- Roll the ready rolled puff pastry thinly, and cut out 6 rounds large enough to line the base and sides of the ramekins. Cut out a further 6 rounds to use as lids. The diameter needs to be slightly larger than the ramekin.
- Place a portion of chicken pie filling into each ramekin.
- Dampen the edges of the lids and place them on top of the filling to seal the pies.
- Brush with the egg.
- Place them in the oven and bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool slightly and serve.
Top of this Main Collection of Chicken Pie Recipes
Top of this Chicken Pie Recipe
Great Chicken Recipes Homepage