Quick and Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
When You Need Curry In a Hurry
Thanks to my friend for these two Chicken Curry Recipes. Both are fairly quick and
easy to cook on the stove top. Because I'm not much of a hot curry fan, I
end up tweaking my recipes for chicken curry to suit my taste and heat
As with every chicken curry recipe, your spices must be as fresh as possible. This curry recipe is easy and quick and you can prepare bigger quantities to freeze.
Chicken Curry Ingredients
- 1 large onion, chopped
- a little oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or adjust to suit your taste
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 chicken portions (chicken thighs are good)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 fl.oz/125ml dry white wine
- 1 large can whole peeled tomatoes (16oz)/410gm
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chutney
Chicken Curry Cooking Instructions
- Heat some oil in a pan and gently cook the onion until it softens.
- Stir in curry powder, turmeric and ginger while its still
cooking. Keep stirring for a minute or so to allow the flavours to mix.
- Add the chicken portions to the curry and stir gently to get the curry sauce covering the chicken.
- Add garlic, wine and tomatoes to the pan.
- Cover and simmer gently until chicken is done, about 40 minutes.
- Taste the chicken curry and adjust the seasoning to suit your needs, then stir in the chutney.
- Serve with rice and sambals.
Creamy Chicken Curry Recipe
I love a creamy chicken curry and the coconut cream in this recipe
does add such an amazing flavour to the curry. Many curry lovers will
attest to the fact that curry is so much better the next day or the day
after that so any left-overs will be enjoyed.
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 finely sliced onions
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 30ml freshly grated ginger
- 5ml tumeric
- 400ml coconut cream
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 4 thickly sliced chicken breasts
- Juice of one lemon
- handful of chopped fresh basil
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
How to Cook Creamy Chicken Curry
- Coat the bottom of a large lidded pot with the vegetable oil. In the
pot, with the lid on, fry the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes or
until the onion is translucent and starting to brown.
- Stir in the grated ginger and tumeric. Add the coconut cream, curry leaves and chicken breasts.
- Simmer gently on the stove top with the lid on for half an hour.
When you are ready to serve, add the lemon juice, basil and spinach
leaves to the chicken curry. Season to taste and serve with your
favourite rice variety - I'm fond of basmati rice.
Chicken Curry Recipes Collection
Chicken Recipes Homepage