Some of my happiest childhood memories are from my mom's kitchen, spending time together cooking. That's why I love cooking and built this website
Chicken Recipes Made Easy
The kitchen is the perfect place for making memories. When you spend time baking, cooking and enjoying meals with your family, you create happy memories for you and your children to cherish forever.
There are numerous benefits to preparing and enjoying food as a family. You save money and eat healthier meals. You create opportunities to connect and communicate with your children and spouse. And most importantly, you show love for your family when you spend time with them. Children of all ages need your attention and your time. By working together to create a meal or bake a batch of cookies, you spend valuable time together and may just get that picky toddler to eat something.
10 Ideas To get Your Family Cooking
- Teach small children the fun of cooking by helping them bake cookies and cakes. If you are short on time, you can use a boxed cookie mix and spend more fun time decorating.
- Encourage the littlest ones to play pretend cooking. Kids love to play with real mixing bowls, strainers and wooden spoons. These make harmless toys and can be easily thrown in the dishwasher for quick cleanup.
- If you live by a strict schedule, slot in baking cookies with your kids. Our schedules can be so hectic that something as simple as baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies can get skipped over. Write it down and do it.
- If you have teenagers, let them play their favorite music while they wash the lettuce and set the table.
- Work together with your spouse to prepare the dinner and use the time to catch up on each other's day.
- Even if you are in a rush preparing dinner, remember to reduce your stress and focus on creating a fun atmosphere that naturally encourages the whole family to participate.
- When spending time preparing food with your children, include lessons about healthy eating choices. Keep the conversation positive and avoid listing foods they can't have.
- On days where you anticipate time will be tight, consider taking a short cut by using a frozen stir-fry mix or pasta with a jar of pre-made sauce. Your family will appreciate your relaxed mood much more than a made-from-scratch dinner.
- Share the job of grocery shopping. One week have mom take one of the children as a helper, the next week dad can go with another child. Always work from a grocery list and let your children help you retrieve items and cross them off the list.
- Have big family meals where you share about your day. Keep the conversation fun and avoid negative lectures over dinner. Remember to laugh.
Take these steps today and make your kitchen a fun and memorable place for your whole family.
If you'd like to know who I am then
is a good place to start.
Recipe Of The Day
I'm not much into spicey foods but I loved this
Mexican Chicken Recipe
for a bit of a change to my usual cooking style and you can adjust the curry powder to suit your heat preference.
If there's a specific chicken recipe you are looking for, make use of
Chicken Recipe Search
which works just like the normal Google Search.
That's all for September.
Keep it exotic.